[pure-silver] Re: glassine sleeves/envelopes

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 09:22:27 -0800 (PST)

Maybe it's just a US term.  Glassines
http://www.apecenvelopes.com/~CPRST/Glassine-Envelopes/Glassine-Envelopes/N-A/2-3-4x10-1-2/Plain.html

Found a supplier that is waiting for an order of 200K of them before the do a
run.  Ummm....not gonna happen. But they did direct me to one of their
distributors so an order of 1K is possible.

When you have 20-30 rolls of film to do a week, sliding strips into archival
pages of whatever brand is unappealing time-wise plus the headache of keeping
rolls collated.  I put the entire roll into one of these, write the twin check
# on it and I'm done.  When proofing, the entire roll comes out, gets proofed
and is put back quickly and easily.  Also they are 1/2 the price of archival
pages.
These are good for production situations but not for long term keeping in my
opinion.