[pure-silver] focusing loupe

  • From: Shannon Stoney <sstoney@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 17:02:56 -0500

I lost my focusing loupe some time ago and I've been making do with a cheap loupe that I think is really for looking at negatives with. So I was looking at loupes on the internet. I was surprised at how expensive some of them are. What is the difference between a "ground glass focusing loupe" for, say, $95 (or more) and a little plastic loupe that you can buy at your local camera store for say $15? is there any reason to have a sure nuff focusing loupe?

--shannon