[pure-silver] Re: conservation mounting

  • From: AhYouBecky@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 01:58:22 EST

Wow, I've been unable to spend time reading mail from the list for a
while....... hmmmmm......I thought I was going to read about "mounting", but
nooooooooo, you boys are talking about ........
I can't help but laugh. MEN!

Actually, no, it doesn't mean "to ejaculate" (I've read this explanation
before). It means "to spurt, squirt". So depending on the liquid being
spurt, it can mean "to ejaculate", but not in the general sense.

So literally, a "giclé" print would mean a print made by spurting or
squirting some liquid, which is exactly what it is, but I do agree that
it's a pretentious way to say inkjet. It wouldn't be the first time that
using a French term makes something sound better!

Manu

--
www.schnetzler.com