[pure-silver] Re: agfa film

  • From: "Edward C. Zimmermann" <edz@xxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jun 2006 14:17:14 +0200

Quoting Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>       That's not true is it? I thought Maco was just a packager. Adox is the
> new
> name for Efke.

Maco is a bit more than "just a packager".. and Adox is a whole lot less..
Adox is NOT the new name for Efke but the new tradename in Germany and the U.S.
for FotoImpex, resp. FotoImpex USA/aka J&C and in Canada for the Frugal
Photographer (Foy). Some boxes from FotoImpex/J&C with Adox on the label contain
what used to be in the Efke boxes.. but with perhaps more significant batch
variances than in the past.. some of their boxes, however, contain other
materials.. Maco used to source some films from Efke.. I don't know to what
extent that will continue.

The market in Germany is right now completely confused.. since Agfa films
were made in LARGE numbers and the market is being flooded at quite attractive
price levels below even the prices for these "East-Block" materials.

Edward C. Zimmermann, Basis Systeme netzwerk, Munich