[pure-silver] Re: White Light

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 4 Jan 2005 07:57:03 -0500

On January 4, 2005 07:26 am, Chris Fraser wrote:
> I have a 5x7 contact printer that has miniature frosted white incandescent
> bulbs for the light source.  I am aware that the unit should be used with
> graded paper, but what would be the filter equivalent  (if there is one) of
> using this white light source with VC paper?  I did do some tests (4"x5"
> PMK neg) and the print appeared "muddy" so it is probably not feasible with
> VC paper...  I am just curious

        You could get some 12x12 filters and cut them down to size. Or maybe
even
spilt filter. But then you'd have to worry about everything moving when you
change filters. Human mind seems to think everything is white so I'm not sure
what you've really got. I guess they're low voltage bulbs? Maybe redder then
normal house bulbs.

        One thing I'm wondering about isn't it too fast? I thought those things
were
designed for contact paper. I've got one I got in a lot. It's an interesting
bit of history but I haven't actually  used it.

        Nick