[pure-silver] Was-New Year Resolution-now slight apology

  • From: "Harry Lock" <harrylock@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 13:23:52 +0200

Happy new year to all

As I may be responsible for the Film vs. Digital debate I want to agree with
Justin...........

"I think we should make a New Year's resolution:

    TO STOP COMPARING DIGITAL TO FILM!!!"

I did start my original post with this preamble..............

No, this is not the bland , meaningless comparison that the title of my post
implies." i.e..film vs. digital"

And this thread, although very robust, was not my intention. I was hoping to
reinforce the notion that people have forgotten about photography in their race
after technology. Whether an image is captured digitally or on (and I love this
term) an analogue medium, it should still all be about the image and picture
making process.

I wonder if there was this kind of debate when photographers switched from
glass plates to flexible celluloid films?

Anyway I am off to listen to some vinyl on my turntable, I just hope the needle
is clean!

Cheers

Harry