[pure-silver] Toad Season

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 08:36:55 -0700 (PDT)

I wrote:
> the shadows (lower density areas)look foggier than those of
> verichrome.

Shadows are the lower density areas???

Does it ever confuse anyone else when speaking of increased or decreased
density in a neg-pos system?

Using the original object helps, but

When talking about development of a negative, when one mentions highlights,
midtones, and shadows... is one supposed to be referring to the ultimate values
in the printed image, or the immeadiate (and intermeadiate) values of the
negative?

eg

Old Cockroach Developer gives lower density to the higlights than Broken Arrow
brand....

Is this lower density in the negative or in the print?

Would Broken Arrow brand give me brighter or darker highlights in my PRINTS?

Everything is clear when I think of an original portrait type sceen, but
ocassionaly (esp. with abstract images), I worry about getting confused.

I was just wondering if anyone else has had any "experience" in this area....

Worry Wart