[pure-silver] Re: The Good Old Days

  • From: jeffrey <puresilver@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 May 2005 18:29:54 -0700

Off-topic, but it reminds me...

One of my fondest memories of working in a lab was the day that a guy
came in to the shop with something he found in some relative's house.
It was a few boxes of plate glass negatives. About 150 of them.

He had us make contact prints of all of them. Most were 5x7. Such a
feeling of times past. Portraits. Scenes around the yard. Everything
with people in it was static and posed. I was only 20 - I had only
heard about glass plates in books.

Of course we used a warm-toned fiber paper (can't remember which -
some Kodak stock).