[pure-silver] Re: Test msg #1 of 2, please ignore

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 20:07:12 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "Peter Badcock" <forums@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 5:17 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Test msg #1 of 2, please ignore

>>     I think the issue is Freelist. I've seen it happen
>> with some of my emails but  not with others.
>
> I think I know how it happens.  For whatever reason, I
> edited a couple of messages in MS word before copying and
> pasting the text into my (web)mailing program.  This
> process
> must include different ASCII/MIME codes for the text which
> gets wrongly decoded by the freelist software.  I
> discovered
> that plenty of other posters to freelists have experienced
> problems with what's called "quoted printable" text as
> well.
>
> regards
> Peter Badcock

   FWIW, the current pure-silver configuration is set to
convert HTML attachments to plain text. It is also set to
strip out non-text MIME attachments.
   Quoted-printable can be set so that the original
characters appear. This choice is NOT activated so QP should
be converted correctly. QP is a way of expanding the number
of characters beyond those possible with plain ASCII.
   Since several list members (including me) report seeing
the same thing it appears to be an artifact of the freelists
machine.
   Is this a minor or major problem to others on the list?

---