[pure-silver] Re: Stockpiling Film, what kind of refrigerator?

  • From: John <jd@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 21:38:51 -0500

At 09:27 PM 9/11/2004 -0400, you wrote:

>I have film in my refrigerator to keep it short term.  But I just bought
>some Efke that I will not use right away.  Can I put this in my
>self-defrosting freezer?  I saw a message recently that said that it would
>not keep as long there but will the defrost cycle do harm?  I believe I have
>also seen in this list hints that some of you have darkroom refrigerators.
>Are they self-defrosting?  If not, what kind?  Are they the little dorm
>'fridges for beer???
>
>Thanks all

         Frost-free 12 cu.ft top-opening freezer. The defrost cycle isn't a
significant concern.  I've shot some wonderfully old films that have been
frozen for a long time with no visible signs of emulsion degradation.

Regards,

John S. Douglas - Photographer, Webmaster & Computer Tech
         Website --- http://www.darkroompro.com