[pure-silver] Stand Development (final..?..)

  • From: "Breukel, C. (HKG)" <C.Breukel@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Pure Silver (F) (E-mail)" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 13:13:57 +0200

(anybody out there..?..;-)..)

Final (at least for me at the moment) resulyts on my experiments with stand
development:

John Black mentioned:

"stand development works quite well with little tendency to streak if more
neutral developers are used such as Xtol at 1+5 or 1+7 for 30-45 min.
Rodinal is very high pH and, even diluted, tends to be too reactive in
highly exposed areas."

I had half a exposed roll of 35mm PanF (at 40ASA) left, so I decided to give
Xtol a try: 1+7; 300 ml, for 45 min. at room temp. (around 20degC). The
negatives looked quite nice, no bromide drag, but they printed as "ordinairy"
processed negatives
, nothing special as the PanF negatives in stand developed Rodinal have in my
hands.

So this "road" I will not continue, perhaps someday the Rodinal stand route I
will, despite the problems with bromide drag,

Best,

Cor