[pure-silver] Shutter delays

  • From: john stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2006 16:40:14 +1000

At 02:55 PM  26/12/2006, Uncle Dick wrote:

............. Perhaps I expected too much of the camera. Perhaps the camera expected more of me. It seemed to hesitate before each exposure, possibly trying to steel itself for another lame composition. I gave it up after 3 pictures, and then tried to reset it to work faster. I don't know about you, but the only time I want to scan a menu is when it features garlic bread to start and a decent dessert to finish. I closed the camera up and searched for lunch..................

It's not only digital cameras that do this. I owned for a week a very neat pocket size Leica 35mm film camera with a zoom lens. I don't remember its model name. (Something like ZX perhaps?)

I thought it would be the ideal camera to take along with me every day.   But..

Even prefocussing by half-depressing the shutter release did practically nothing to solve a quite bizarre delay, in which time all sorts of things could happen. It took very good pictures of static subjects, though.