[pure-silver] Re: Multiple storage venues, multiple owners of our prints

  • From: afterswift@xxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 20:24:22 -0500

 Dick,

 I class as primary, subjects that are found in the field. Some folks call it
'street photography.' I like the term 'field' because it can occur anywhere,
including the countryside or the interiors of buildings. I reckon it's the type
of work done by Cartier-Bresson and straight documentarians and
photojournalists. The subject can turn out to be an animal, flower, a plane of
architecture, a car, or just something out of place -- in limbo. My neighbor
just drove into our driveway. He opened the car door, and out bobbed a large
Disney-character balloon rising above his head and tethered to him. This guy
has no kids or any rational reason for holding that inflatable.
 These scenes just happen.

 The odd thing is that now almost everyone has a quality small digital or film
camera handy, yet very few folks are alert to field photography. Many people
have Word and a good printer, but how many of them write anything interesting
or revelatory for others. How many of us respond to the world we live in. Or
appreciate it.

 Bob