[pure-silver] Re: Selenium toning inconsistency

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2010 13:11:05 -0500

we hadn't talked temp yet, but you may also see changes in tones based on
temperature of solutions. So it is best to stay somewhat consistent
including through the wash step. I am not talking just the toning solution
but also the temp of your developing line. Anything that changes the speed
of the process can be a factor.

I also like my selenium toner on the strong side but find that 1:9 gives me
more control for slight changes. It would of course depend on , to
completion, and I think that was the OPs goal.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226