[pure-silver] Re: Scanning b&w negatives vs. making contacts

  • From: Eric Nelson <emanmb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 08:04:14 -0800 (PST)

Technically one will spend maybe a little more time scanning proofs than by the
wet wet method but,  I have clients that specifically request them and I
maintain a database of their scans for when they can't find them or I need a
reference for wet printing.  Also the point of being able to 'fix' errant
exposures in a roll that one couldn't do in wet proofing is spot on.

Your initial scan should look flat and that way all the tones that are
accessible will be visible and then you can correct things from there.