[pure-silver] Re: Scanning b&w negatives vs. making contacts

  • From: "Eric Neilsen Photo" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 20:53:12 -0600

in a quick review of the comments here, there are many workflows that people
are using; some to real paper some to full scans  or all negs.  It all
depends on the next part of the equation . Digital or wet print? are you
selling your work on line so both? or do you tone in ways not easily made
with PS and so, a print is the only way to get an image to web either a scan
or flat art copy.

I typically scan my work these days. in a 12 at a time, Nikon 9000 batch
scan.

Eric Neilsen
Eric Neilsen Photography
4101 Commerce Street, Suite 9
Dallas, TX 75226

www.ericneilsenphotography.com
skype me with ejprinter
Let's Talk Photography

  _____

De: Martin magid  <mailto:martin.magid@xxxxxxxxx> <martin.magid@xxxxxxxxx>

Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 07:58:02 -0500

À: Pure Silver  <mailto:pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
<pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Making 35 mm contact sheets with my old Epson 1680 scanner is so much easier
than the wet method. If not every frame is exposed perfectly, each
individual frame can be edited in just seconds using Levels to get a decent
exposure for the contact sheet.  Printing is very quick.  And no mixing
chemicals, cleaning trays, cleaning up spills nor waiting for the print to
dry.
Marty