[pure-silver] Re: Running North American 120V/60 darkroom equipment on European 220V/50?

  • From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 15:21:49 -0500

On November 7, 2004 12:45 pm, Edward C. Zimmermann wrote:

> The 401? Oops.. that's NOT a Durst head but a Pavelle.. or at least I know
> a Pavelle 401 but of no Durst 401.. For that series of enlargers-- 4x5" and
> sub-- it was CLS-201 then CLS-450 then CLS-500 then CLS-501.
> (the 5x7" and upers got the CLS-300 then CLS-301 then CLS-1000)

  No it's a Durst. Somebody said it came after Durst bought Pavelle? Don't
know.  The label is Durst but made in the UK.

> That's because it switching.. I have my fan with a switch connected
> directly to 220v mains. I find this makes better sense anyway since I can
> let the fan run-- or not--- when I want to and not what a thermo switch
> thinks is right.

  My fan always runs. Safer but the noise.

> I suspect the shipping of the Durst will be more than the cost of getting
> one--- should you be comming to Germany--- here. I was, however, refering
> not to the Laborator but to the Colorstar.

  No I understood. It's just I'd rather not replace anything. If I buy
anything I'd rather get something I don't have. All the ones I saw were for
pickup only so I'd have to rent/borrow a truck and make the drive but the
prices seemed quite reasonable. Plus I'm sure I could enjoy a trip to
Germany.

Thanks
Nick