[pure-silver] Re: Rollei Film

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 08:02:43 -0600

On 01/17/2012 06:21 AM, İbrahim Pamuk wrote:
Hi,

Has anyone used Rollei films like Rollei Retro 100 TONAL, Rollei Retro 400s,
Rollei RPX 100? Also I would like to hear comments on Kentmere 100/400. I am a
user of Kodak TMax 100/400 and Tri-X. It is becoming harder to get it from
Turkey.
<http://www.macodirect.de/rollei-100br35mm-305m-p-2205.html>

Regards

Ibrahim Pamuk

I've used the Rollei Retro 100.  It had a lot of base fog and
curled like crazy.  It was definitely NOT the same formulation
as the old Agfa APX 100 (which is what I was looking for).  I
have come to like the Efke 100 as a replacement for the APX.  However,
the EFKE has a REALLY soft base and has to fixed in a hardening fixer
and treated very gently when it is wet.