[pure-silver] Revised, Sort of: The new Kodak TV ad

  • From: "Ken Hough " <k4sb@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 02 Sep 2005 18:24:12 -0500

My point was lost in my rant. My point should have been was that no where
is digital mentioned in the ad. The older images shown were taken on film
and printed on paper. My initial feelings were that Kodak was a film and
paper mfgr and I could get that paper anytime I needed it.
   As far as abandoning Kodak, that was not a decision I made. But one
that the local camera stores forced me to do. They simply stopped stocking
any darkroom supplies YEARS AGO. And they did nothing to promote darkroom
work. I suggested (to stores that had the space) to start classes and
maybe start a "rent a darkroom". I even offered to supply the enlargers,
trays, timers etc. No one bit at it. So here, on a local level the dealers
did it to us.  Nationally there was a swing to Ilford years ago. I shoot a
12X20 Deardorff. Kodak wanted 5600.00 for a run of film. Ilford would sell
me a box of 50 sheets at 178.00. Who am I going to use? Kodak or Ilford?
That's not a hard decision. The eastern europeans seem to have the old
technologies well in hand as do a few US specialty vendors.
Ken

Have you seen it? Protect me, Preserve me, share me.......Wonderful images
thought provoking, emotional............ WHAT CRAP. How can I create
images
if they do not make paper or the film I used to use? Hold on.....Snap out
of this stupor it's a dream. There's other companies that make paper and
film...Wheww. That was a nightmare Ken

Ken Hough Photographic Repair Service
Specializing in the Complete restoration of
           Deardorff View Cameras
                            Est 1982
     www.deardorffcameras.0catch.com
                      219 462 0281