[pure-silver] Re: Re Potaasium Bromide and Orthozite

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2008 15:07:32 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Neilsen" <ej@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 09, 2008 1:59 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Re Potaasium Bromide and Orthozite

I don't think so, Achell refered to it in one of his cookbooks. Works in a simalar way though. I was lucky enough to be give a 32oz bottle by a friend that moved away from Dalllas area. Seems to still have a reasonable effect.

Eric

I am generally skeptical about Anchell's books. I have no idea of what his sources are. The MSDS for Orthazite lists only sodium sulfite, which may be present as a preservative. Some other web sources speculate it is about 2% benzotriazole although that may be a bit high. I have no doubt its benzotriazole which is an effective anti-foggant at the pH range of normal developers. As I stated before I am skeptacle of Edwal's claims for some products and don't like their secretivness. The MSDS often don't list more than they absolutely have to and often use somewhat obscure chemical names although you can always find out what they are from the CAS numbers.

---