[pure-silver] Re: R: Re: question about blue toners

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 15:07:10 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Antonio Banfi" <antoniomarioenrico.banfi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:49 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] R: Re: question about blue toners

Thank you Richard!
A.

   You are welcome:-)
I've seen some discussion about the form of ferric ammonium citrate to use, I think in the alternative processes mailing list. The formulas that specify it by type seem to require green scales. It is also available as brown scales. I don't know the chemical difference but the green scales are supposed to be more active and is the kind usually specified for cyanotype printing. Ferric ammonium citrate has all sorts of industrial uses and is also used in medicine, it does not appear to be particularly difficult to obtain or particularly expensive.