[pure-silver] Re: Provia and filters; was: Re: Re: Venturing into color...

  • From: Bob Adler <rgacpa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 11:40:34 -0700 (PDT)

OMG.
Here we go....
 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA
http://www.raflexions.com

----- Original Message ----
From: Mark Blackwell <mblackwell1958@xxxxxxxxx>
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, May 27, 2008 11:31:09 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Provia and filters; was: Re: Re: Venturing into
color...

Jim  A UV filter is hardly useless.  UV can help with some of the haze that
plagues so many areas these days.  It will hardly work wonders, but it can help.

The biggest reason though to use a UV, especially in wilderness types of areas
is that things often get blown around, bounced around and otherwise can not be
handled with kid gloves.  I would lots rather have that dust and sand being
blown around hit my UV filter and scratch it, than the front lens elements of
my glass.  It's a lot easier and cheaper to replace that filter than it is to
send the lens to the shop for either a repair or replacement of the front
element.  For me that alone is worth the hassles.