[pure-silver] Re: Production Line

  • From: Sandor Mathe <sandorm@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 09:56:50 -0400

First, if I was a participant in the exchange, I would want the postcards
I received to have reasonable archival characteristics! (I would also
produce my contribution that way as well).

For batching a large number of the same image use a 11x14 (or larger!)
tray filled a bit deeper than normal and expose say 15 sheets one after
another before placing any in the developer, then quickly put them in the
dev. one after the other spreading them around the tray and stacking some.
Constant careful shuffling will be the agitation.  Use the same procedure
for stop and fix (two bath still!).  That way to make 45 prints you only
have three runs through the trays.

Consider making a pencil mask on milky drafting mylar above the neg for
the dodging so that every print will be identical (if dodging is
required).

Sandor  Mathe