[pure-silver] Re: Pre or Post print flash exposure?

  • From: DarkroomMagic <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 19:49:16 +0100

Chris

See 'The Theory of the Photographic Process', 3rd edition, page 142-143,
'Pre-Exposure or PostExposure'.

According to tests by Webb and Evans, a High Intensity exposure followed by
a Low Intensity exposure created significantly more density than the other
way around. The difference increases with an increasing low/high density
ratio. However, they note that these effects are most effective in emulsions
exhibiting reciprocity failure.

Nevertheless, I believe their test were done on film and not on paper.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

On 2005-11-26 19:11, "Christopher Woodhouse" <chris.woodhouse@xxxxxxxxxxxx>