[pure-silver] Re: Old Agfa 120 Brown Black Developer {120 (Potassium Version) print developer}

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 18:42:28 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Tim Eitniear" <timeitniear@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 5:23 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Old Agfa 120 Brown Black Developer {120 (Potassium Version) print developer}

Lloyd,
The Agfa paper did tone brown, but it was darker than I wanted, but toned much more than I expected for not being a warm tone paper. As far as the Bergger went, the brown was what I expected, but not the whites. I tried to find an example of what is in my head, but to no avail. I imagine I just need some more practice and tweaking my process. My negatives were pretty dense, which may have contributed which may be one of the reasons my whites were not what I expected.

Tim Eitniear
Chicago, Il

The amount of Potassium Bromide in a developer will have a strong effect on the results of a toner. Generally, the more bromide the greater the toning. Ryuji Suzuki brought this to my attention. He referenced a patent by Ira Current, who used to be with Ansco. There may be more on Ryuji's web site, I haven't checked yet.

---