[pure-silver] Re: Old Agfa 120 Brown Black Developer {120 (Potassium Version) print developer}

  • From: Steve <gl1500@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Feb 2007 17:07:31 +1030

On Saturday 03 February 2007 14:33, Lee Carmichael wrote:
> Steve wrote:
> > Just thinking out loud :) perhaps I shouldn't but here goes.
> >
> > I don't have any Pot Carbonate in my darkroom but do have Pot Hydroxide.
> >
> > In the Agfa formula can a substitute with the Pot Hydroxide be made? If
> > so any ideas on quantities?
> >
> > Steve
>
> I don't know if this will work but in Pyrocat HD Part B is generally Pot
> Carbonate but you can substitute Sodium Carbonate.   in the US  you can
> buy Sod Carbonate as  Arm and Hammer  Washing Soda.  I have used that as
> a substitute for Pot Carb.

Thanks Lee but my reasoning for the Pot Hydroxide is the potassium content. My
uncertainty is how much hyroxide I would need to get the same or similar pH.

I don't even know if the hydroxide is a valid chemical in a print developer. I
would think it would be fairly active none the less.

I think I can feel a 250 ml batch in the making. With a large amount of guess
work.

I have the Sod Carb so that will be next with the addition of Pot Bromide.

Steve