[pure-silver] Re: Now 3D photos (OT and even worse Digital! photosynth)

  • From: "K W Hart" <kwhart1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 09:35:28 -0400

First, I have never done 3D or studied it extensively, so the following is
based mainly on casual reading!

I did experiement with a gadget that I got from Porter's Camera Store in Cedar
Falls, Iowa. This gadget is a mirror arrangement that fits in front of the lens
to create two images on one frame. My experiment was to use this in the
darkroom on my minilab to print wallet photos in a 2-up cluster. It showed
promise, but because of size, focal length, and lack of ambition, I never
followed through with it to what could have been a successful conclussion.

It's my understanding that the two cameras should be the same distance apart as
the human eyes for a realistic image. Further, the focal length of the lenses
has an effect on the separation distance. (Please reread my first paragraph!)

I've seen the antique stereo viewers and cards. The viewers have lenses in
them- whether it's just a slight mag lens I don't know. But that may make your
"short-arm-syndrome" less an issue.

I would be interested in hearing more about your stereo escapades.