[pure-silver] Re: New Darkroom

  • From: "Claudio Bonavolta" <claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 22:36:14 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: "Georges Giralt" <georges.giralt@xxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, January 05, 2005 9:04 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: New Darkroom

> Hi !
> I'm looking at everything you've to say about construction and first use
>   because this spring I will have my own piece to turn to a darkroom !
> It will be in the basement, build in concrete and for now, my main
> concern is how to cope with dust... and cold wet air.
> I'll will be delighted to move from the second bathroom I use now
> (enlarger above the toilet bowl, washing tray in the shower, and a set
> of trays on the washing basin. As the walls are covered with varnished
> tiles, I am forced to cover them with black sheet s of plastic to reduce
> flare during enlargement....)
> Enjoy your new room !

I put a description of my darkroom:
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/en/photo/mylab.htm
or in french:
http://www.bonavolta.ch/hobby/fr/photo/mylab.htm

One thing I'll change as soon as possible is the exhaust ventilation: I'll move
it from the ceiling
down to the sink, just behind the trays/processor.
It's also safer to put the electrical sockets somewhat higher than what I did

There is a nice book on darkroom building, including very small temporary ones:
_The New Darkroom Handbook - A Complete Guide to the Best Design, Construction,
and Equipment_ by
Joe DeMaio, Robin Worth and Dennis Curtin, published by Focal Press (ISBN
0-240-80260-8)

Good luck,
Claudio Bonavolta
http://www.bonavolta.ch