[pure-silver] Re: Dimethyldichlorosilane

  • From: "jayers" <jayers@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Jan 2005 14:24:46 -0800

Hi Rain-X in is the same family, and is used on auto windshields. My
experience as far as windshields goes is it works great in the
beginning, and not so hot after a few rains i.e. smearing during wiper
action. Then it is almost impossible to remove from the glass.
I am not sure it would repel finger smudges. I find the best procedure
is ware antistatic gloves while assembling the negative, and glass
carrier. Controlling dust during assemble can sometimes be an adventure
in patience.
Jonathan