[pure-silver] Re: Negative Intensification

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 23:48:09 +0100

Tim

Selenium is a proportional intensifier, meaning same percentage for highlights and shadows. You may not want that, because it will increase contrast by doing little (in absolute terms) on the shadows and lots in the highlights. You probably would like a sub-proportional intensifier, but unfortunately, the chemistry for that is quite toxic. I think, Richard has posted the formula before, but I can look it up if you are interested.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com

This electronic message contains information that is confidential, legally privileged or otherwise protected from disclosure. This information is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution, printing or any other use of, or any action in reliance on, the contents of this electronic message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender and destroy the original message immediately.

P don't print this e-mail unless you really have to

On Dec 02, 2009, at 22:55, Tim Daneliuk wrote:

I have a negative that was exposed with strong backlighting and no exposure
compensation was dialed in.  So, the desired foreground is quite dark
as compared to the less important background.

I am contemplating trying to intensify the negative with KRST. However, there seem to be two schools of thought about this. One says that selenium only affects the highlights and thus would buy me nothing here. The other
says that you get intensification of shadows as well.

Who's right and will this help fix my problem?
Tim Daneliuk     tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = ====================================================================== To unsubscribe from this list, go to www.freelists.org and logon to your account (the same e-mail address and password you set-up when you subscribed,) and unsubscribe from there.