[pure-silver] Re: Need help with tightly curled film...

  • From: "Michael Healy" <emjayhealy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:13:24 -0700

In the arts center darkroom I've taken over, I found a bunch of these coiled
plastic
gizmos that substitute for reels. I can't recall the name of the things right
now, but they
were made by Kodak. They're the width of your film (35mm and 120), and are made
with
this nipply ridge along the edges. The idea is that the ridges grip the edges
of the film,
and keep the image area between them from touching anything. Then the whole
thing is
loaded into a loader. They look pretty funky, but one of these probably would
work. I'm
going to be trying one later this year when I tackle some of the four dozen
rolls of 35mm
my dad never processed after he shot them in the early 1960s.

I don't know but your friend might have trouble after processing as well. Some
rolls that
my dad did process but left rolled up for 40+ years still curl up severely, and
it was 18
months ago that I sleeved and stowed these under 20 pounds of books.

Mike

From:                   Speedy <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To:                     <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:                [pure-silver] Need help with tightly curled film...