[pure-silver] Need help with tightly curled film...

  • From: Speedy <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 16:41:15 +0000

I am posting this for a friend who has asked my advice.  Any help on this would
be educational and most greatly appreciated.

My friend wrote:

"I have been wrestling
with the most cantankerous and miserable spool of 120 film I have ever dealt
with. It has rolled and taken a set so tight that whatever I do I cannot get it
to start and stay in the spool when I try to load it. Any tricks or suggestions
from your past that you can pass on? I mean when you let go of one end of this
baby it snaps back into a tight roll loke a metal spring does. It stays coiled
so tight I can't even keep it flat to start it on the roll, even after creasing
it about an inch into the film. I have it separated from the paper and sitting
in my tank loose at this point."

THANKS!
Speedy

http://www.windowslive.com/messenger/connect_your_way.html?ocid=TXT_TAGLM_WL_Refresh_messenger_062008