[pure-silver] Re: Lunar Eclipse

  • From: `Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Jul 2018 14:48:30 -0700

Heat here too but not for so long. About 90 today, depending on where you are. Usually cooler near the ocean and hotter in the valleys. The SF valley was desert until developed with water stolen from the North. Still feels like the desert.
The little area I live in, Silverlake, named after one of the developers of the Metropolitan Water District back in the teens, is somewhat sheltered. Never quite a hot or cold and seldom gets really strong winds. Rain would be very welcome here. You may have read about the brush fires North of here. Killed two firefighters yesterday. These fires can move very fast and overcome those trying to extinguish them. Greece is having serious fires too, I can sympathize with them.
I am something of a desert rat and don't mind a reasonable amount of heat but its been humid and that gets to me. I do much better when its dry.
Anyway, the eclipse isn't happening here so I am not going to miss anything.
The couple of times I was in England I always carried an umbrella, never rained except the times I forgot it, then it rained.
   Heigh-Ho.

On 7/27/2018 2:29 PM, Helge Nareid wrote:

On 27/07/2018 21:01, `Richard Knoppow wrote:
Longest lunar eclipse of the century visible in Africa and Europe. I didn't check the times so it may already have happened. I wonder if anyone photographed it or if its not happened yet, will photograph it.
In Cambridge (the english one) we have had a long heatwave of 54 days with about 1mm of rainfall in total until yesterday. Today the weather broke, and we have had thunderstorms and cloud cover during the crucial hours.

That's English weather for you ...

- Regards
    The Horrible Helge
What is this "horrible" thing? I've known you a long time and you are anything but horrible.

--
Richard Knoppow
dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx