[pure-silver] Re: Looking For El-Nikkor Lens Caps

  • From: John Stockdale <j.sto@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2010 06:46:13 +1000

I have purchased Schneider push on caps for front and rear of some enlarger lenses at B&H. It's tricky estimating the size because the sizes are external lens barrel rather than defined screw-in sizes. And the size of cap depends on how tight a fit you want. I did have to try twice to get it right for one lens. If you are interested i can measure the diameter of the lens barrel and compare it to the push-on size.

John

Tim Daneliuk wrote:
I recently took possession of a nearly mint 50mm f/2.8 El-Nikkor
enlarging lens, which will replace my elderly (and much slower)
chrome Componon (for those very rare moments when I enlarge 35mm).

However, it did not have lens caps.   Any idea where I might get
them?  eBay was no help ...