[pure-silver] Re: Liquid Light alternatives

  • From: Ray Rogers <earthsoda@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2008 12:18:05 -0700 (PDT)

Considering everything, I think your best bet is to buy it pre-made.
I say that based on your stated comments.

If you want consistent predictable quality then you need to let somone who will
take care of the
details for you.

If you want to save money, this is not the way.
Silver is not cheap and if you goof, it can be very expensive.

The basic reaction is deceptivly simple however.

You may not even need a traditional silver halide type emulsion, depending upon
the kind of image
you want to create and the kind of negatives you can produce... all 35 or 8x10
etc.

The APUG place does not sound like what you want if you want cheap.

25 USD a cup may not be all that bad.

And there is always ebay....

Ray