[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Sells Off Its Gelatin Business

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2011 16:50:59 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: <mark@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2011 12:31 PM
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: Kodak Sells Off Its Gelatin Business

Well nothing that comes from a plant has cholesterol, that has to come from an animal. But the body can take those fats and produce cholesterol from any kind of oil. Vegetable oil fried potato chips contain no cholesterol, but the body will take those fats and convert it for you. Niacin might help a few, but some people do a better job of making cholesterol than others. In my case it makes no difference what I eat or don't, for I tried it once. NO red meat of any kind, no fried foods, everything else extremely low fat. My BP dropped, my weight dropped, and my cholesterol when from 284 to 283. I have been on statins every since. For many people genes are more important than what you eat.

Exactly, some people can eat anything and never have hardening of the arteries. Excercize seems to make a difference, especially to the ratio of low to high density lipids. The ratio _may_ be more important than the total lipid level. Cholesterol is made by the liver so, as you say, can be high even when intake of saturated fats is low. In general the incidence of coronary artery disease is lower in cultures that do not eat much meat. For instance, it is extremely low among Japanese who eat a traditional Japanese diet but become the same as the U.S. among Japanese who eat an Americanized diet. All this is very OT here but is important enough to bring to people's attention. Unfortunately, a lot of stuff which tasts good is just plain bad for you.

Los Angeles
WB6KBL