[pure-silver] Re: Kodak Gray Negative Contact Screen

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:05:22 -0500

Robert Randall wrote:
> That's an 85 line contact screen used in making halftone images from
> separation film.

I have two glass screens that Max Levy Company gave me. They are 8"x10"
or a little larger. One is 65 lines per inch, and the other is 150 lines
per inch. I even made one of my own with window glass and black drafting
tape. It is about 5 lines per inch and it actually works. It is very
interesting to use that one, but if you actually want half tone images,
5 lines per inch will not do.

I use mine to make half tone positives from 4x5" camera negatives. The
positives, even though they are made on litho film, have "soft" dots, so
I contact print them to another litho film to get hard dot negatives.
That is tricky until you get everything calibrated.

 ^^-^^ 20:55:01 up 2 days, 11:24, 3 users, load average: 5.95, 6.62, 5.75