[pure-silver] Re: Kntmere VC? wasRE: Re: finding a new paper

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2006 11:21:21 +0100

Ilford is one high-quality paper manufacturer left to us. However, their
Continental-European pricing is going through the roof. FB paper has doubled
in price over the last 12 months. The UK prices are a bout 30% below the
German prices. Their European importer is trying to make a killing. We
should all report this to Ilford, UK and complaint. They are in danger of
killing a market advantage.

Paper quality and consistency will become more difficult to get in the
future. Ilford must be best-in-class at the moment. Foma has an opportunity
to be a close second. But their papers are much softer. Looking through my
library of old pictures (60 years+), they match the Foma look pretty well. I
think the look has its place, but I would hate to miss Ilford at this point.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com