[pure-silver] KRST Shelf Life

  • From: "Alparslan Berik" <berika@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 14:09:07 +0200

Hello all,

I wonder how long Kodak Rapid Selenium Toner's shelf life is. I remember
reading comments here it is very long. I have a bottle of KRST and  I use it
1+20 with Ilford RC .44M multi contrast paper. I used to get beatiful deep
blacks and if left the paper more than 10 minutes in the solution it would
get a nice toning, but not anymore. I prepared a fresh working solution, and
the result is the same. It seems KRST effect has diminished in time. This
happened to my working solution before but I had vever thought that this
would happen to the stock KRST.
I think I bought the bottle 2-3 years ago. Is it normal for such a long
time. Should I dump the rest of the bottle. Thank you for the comments.
Alparslan.