[pure-silver] Re: KRST

  • From: Bill Stephenson <photographica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2007 03:00:42 -0400

Back in the 60's, the portrait studio (chain) lab where I worked used KBT and KRST mixed together (unfortunately, I don't recall proportions) for warm reddish-brown medium tones and colder shadows. As I recall, this was used only with Kodak's Ektalure paper, which was fairly warm to begin with.

-Bill

On Aug 22, 2007, at 7:16 AM, Lloyd Erlick wrote:

At 12:23 PM 8/18/2007 , >Adrienne wrote:
I haven't tried using KBT first followed by KRST and don't know what that would give me or why it would be better or worse for archival purposes.

August 22, 2007, from Lloyd Erlick,

I've done this. Once I tried all the four combinations of brown toner and
selenium toner:

-each one alone -- we know the effects.
-KRST first followed by brown toner -- the color of KRST result but less
'golden' and slightly more 'brown' than KRST alone.
-brown toner first followed by selenium (KRST) -- appearance of final
result closer to brown toner alone, i.e. the result looks more like brown
toner but moved in the direction of the appearance of KRST.