[pure-silver] Re: Improvised Dilution

  • From: "Richard Knoppow" <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 6 Dec 2009 13:48:18 -0800

----- Original Message ----- From: "Elias Roustom" <elroustom@xxxxxxxxx>
To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, December 06, 2009 10:44 AM
Subject: [pure-silver] Improvised Dilution

I ran out of enough D76 to develop a couple of film sheets. I had enough to make a 1+2 dilution, and after some looking at processing charts I came up with a number of minutes, and it worked. Efke 25, shot at EI of 50, processed in D76 1+2 for 10 minutes. I have no idea what this did or didn't do for me, but I got a printable negative.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/elroustom/4162498158/

Elias

Ilford gives times for ID-11 at 1:3 dilution. They are at least a guide for D-76. At this dilution the developer begins to produce acutance effects (adjacency effects). I've tried it in the past but don't quite like the results.