[pure-silver] Re: IPI toner. Silverlock?

  • From: Richard Knoppow <dickburk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 05:59:59 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

-----Original Message-----
From: Nick Zentena <zentena@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sep 11, 2005 4:07 AM
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] IPI toner. Silverlock?

I was thinking of making up T-8 but ended up finding a little info on a IPI
toner that is supposed to be better. Problem is while I found many references
to the formula I didn't find the formula.

        Does anybody have any info on this toner? Is it worth making instead of
T-8.
Or the formula?

        Thanks
        Nick

    I have A formula but it seems to me that IPI has revised it at least once.
The IPI formula was intended for toning microfilm and to have low odor and
relatively high capacity. The main reason IPI chose to publish a formula was to
avoid being dependent on a commercial products which might be changed.
    T-8 will work for both image protection and toning. I will find and post
the IPI formula later today.