[pure-silver] Re: I GUESS NOT was ANYONE TRY THIS SILLY IDEA?

  • From: Speedy <speedgraphic@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 11:39:07 +0000

One other issue is that the florescents also stay "on" for a period even after
they are switched off.  If used the shutter would be necessary.

I think Claudio is on to something with the LED's.  I think if an alternate
becomes necessary that is the way to go...

Speedy

Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 12:17:50 +0200
From: claudio@xxxxxxxxxxxx
To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [pure-silver] Re: I GUESS NOT was ANYONE TRY THIS SILLY IDEA?

Hi Bob,
You can add also that these bulbs take time to switch on and output power
varies depending how warm they are.
That may give some difficulties to ensure repeatibility in exposure.
A good way to use them would be to let them on and use a shutter, that should
ensure a good consistency.
Leds are another option, power is increasing although still a bit low.
White leds can be used with usual filtration or a mix of blue/green in an
additive filtration mode for multigrade.
I had a project in the cartons using a RGB color head with leds where the
duration of exposure of each color is variable instead of varying the output
power. Maybe one day ...
Claudio Bonavolta
www.bonavolta.ch