[pure-silver] Re: Hydroquinone - would you like fries with that?

  • From: Jean-David Beyer <jeandavid8@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 03 May 2011 11:27:30 -0400

Richard Knoppow wrote:
> [...]

I had the same problem. I forgot which was ortho and which one was meta.
The OH group that turns benzene into phenol is in the root position.
Then follow ortho, meta, then para. So para aminophenol with have the
amino group opposite (in the 4 position) the OH; i.e., in the para
position. orthoaminophenol would have the amino group next to the OH.

 Amidol (2,4 diaminophenol dihydrochloride) is a developer with the
amino groups in the para and ortho positions. It is so active it does
not require an activator such as borax, carbonate, etc., to develop.

 ^^-^^ 11:15:01 up 17 days, 14:33, 3 users, load average: 4.96, 5.00, 4.96