[pure-silver] Re: Getting Permission

  • From: "Ralph W. Lambrecht" <info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: PureSilverNew <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 06 Jun 2006 22:48:47 +0200

I took some pictures at Liverpool Station in London once. You are not
allowed to take pictures there if your camera is mounted on a tripod (for
security reasons of course). As soon as I had the camera set up, police came
and asked me to take it down. I knew this would happen and had brought my
son with me. He argued with the police while I took the pictures.

At Loch Ness I took pictures of the lake from the parking lot of a hotel.
The owner came out and asked me to take the camera down (4x5 mounted on
tripod). I argued, I begged, to no avail. He was trouble and bigger than me.
So I pretended to take the camera down. It was already focused, and I
rightly assumed that he had no idea how such a camera worked. I inserted the
film holder, pulled out the dark slide, did my shot and left. He had no
clue.

On another occasion, I was asked for $1,500!!! in fees, because I took a
picture of a manor house in England from 200 feet away! I refused. I was
threatened to be sued and asked to give my full name and address. I did give
my details, and received a letter from their lawyer, which I sent to the
city council. They responded that the manor house was recently restored with
tax money and that I could safely forget the claim.

Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht

http://www.darkroomagic.com