[pure-silver] Re: Fwd: Re: "Leica Photography" Is Dead. Leica Killed It.

  • From: Tim Daneliuk <tundra@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2014 17:39:53 -0500

On 03/11/2014 04:14 PM, bobkiss @caribsurf.com wrote:
Accidentally sent this before I finished.  To continue:

      I realize that the point of that blog was about things other than the
quality of the lenses but the Sumicron IS superior to Nikkors from those days
in many ways and you can see that very same tonal subtlety in the prints of HCB
(as he calls him) and so many other Leica photograohers!

I hesitated to send this in the first place because I think it was mistitled
and a bit over the top.  The title should have been:

   Nostalgia Ain't What It Used To Be

Or:

   Why Postprocess When You Can Just Shoot Film In The First Place