[pure-silver] Re: Fuji Quickload film in Polaroid 545i holder

  • From: Jim Brick <jim@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 17:32:16 -0700

I use Quickloads for the final shot and Polaroid for tests. Many times, I have left the Polaroid holder in the camera after a good test, and slipped in a Quickload for the final exposure. I have never found any perceptible difference in films shot in the Polaroid back vs the Fuji back. I do prefer the Fuji Quickload back and if I'm going to take a series of real photographs, I'll exchange the Polaroid back for the Fuji back. It is easier to use.

View Camera magazine reviewed the three backs and came to the conclusion that the Fuji back was the best at holding film flat. I do know from almost personal experience, that you do not want to put a Quckload into a Readyload back. The metal film clip, at the end of the film, can get caught in the Readyload holder, the whole mess requiring surgery in order to make the back useable again. This was the original Readyload holder. I cannot speak for the latest version. I personally would not mix Kodak and Fuji backs and films.

Jim

At 01:39 PM 10/13/2005, Chris Hinds wrote:
Danny

Have a look here:

http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/Large%20accessories.htm#Readysteady

There is a suggestion that as the Polaroid back doesn't have a pressure plate, one of the advantages of using such film as "Quickloads" is lost. The back used was the latest 545 Pro.

I have never tried it so would be interested in your results.

Chris

At 18:51 13/10/2005, you wrote:
I've heard it is possible, anyone tried it?

thanks,
danny