[pure-silver] Re: Framing

  • From: Ken Hart <kwhart1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2021 08:47:48 -0500

I think the more important solution is to get rid of the steam. You're not going to be able to completely seal the frame without some "non-frame" techniques: caulking and waterproofing for starters.

Make sure the photo doesn't touch the glass, that it is securely mounted to a backer that will not deform in a high humidity environment.

Install a timer on the vent fan so that it runs for 20 minutes after using the bathroom. The running fan should be able to hold a tissue in place- if not, investigate the duct work, or upgrade the fan.

Ken Hart
kwhart1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

On 3/8/21 9:44 PM, Janet Gable Cull wrote:

I would like to frame and hang a black-and-white print in the bathroom but it gets pretty steamy in there. Is there a way to frame a print so that moisture doesn't get between the glass? Thanks!

Janet Gable Cull
Sent from my iPhone