[pure-silver] Finally able to get back in the darkroom

  • From: davestarr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 05:09:10 -0700 (PDT)

This year I was going to go in a different direction, photographically.  Sold
my studio lighting & backdrops, planned to do more location work , primarily
4x5.  Had a couple projects in mind.  Then, as usually happens with plans, the
whole thing got derailed.
I had my annual physical in late May, along with a routine chest x-ray.  The
x-ray showed "something, but we're not sure what is is", which lled to a cat
scan, a pet scan, an MRI, more x-rays & finally surgery in late July.  Turned
out to be stage 1b lung cancer.  The surgeon removed the lower lobe of my right
lung and several lymph nodes.  The cancer was still encapsulated, and the lymph
nodes were all clear.  No evidence of cancer anywhere so all I need are follow
up x-rays every 4 months & an annual cat scan for a couple years.
So, I finally felt good enough to get back in the darkroom last week.  TF-5
fixer arrived from the Formulary, so on Friday & mixed a gallon, along with a
gallon of Ansco 130.  Then on Saturday I made a few contact sheets, just to get
back in the groove.  It was a bit tiring  & the area around the incision is
still pretty sore, but it sure felt good to be back in the darkroom.

Retired Shop Rat - 14,647 days in a GM Plant

45ACP: Don't leave home without it.

Web site - www.destarr.com