[pure-silver] Film Development

  • From: İbrahim Pamuk <ibrahim.pamuk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "pure-silver@freelists. org (pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)" <pure-silver@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2014 12:00:25 +0000

Dear All,

I have been thinking for a long time that at some of my negatives high lights
are washed out. This is true for Tmax 100 and 400. I was using D76. Also I find
some of them contrasty also. All of these forced me to think that either I
overdelevoped or may be over exposed to some extent. Once I used Aristo 100 and
400 and at these time my complaints were more so I left using it. Later I
started to used Rollei Superpan200 and Rollei400. I was also complaining
similar to TMax case but in this case a little better.

So I have shifted to Diafine. In general I was more happy, less washouts but
since still I print at darkroom I found the negatives to be thin. When They are
scanned there absolutely better. I have read somewhere that Diafine is better
with old type of films rather than T type due to the fact that T type has less
silver. Also Rollei films have thinner emulsion so that there is not "enough
meat" to eat. They will be thinner. I was haapy when using Diafine that I was
independent from the temperature control also.

What can you recommend to me? My plan is to shift back to D76 but D76 1+3 type.
Due to discontinued HIE I am using Rollei Infrared400. I found that there is no
other solution so I have to be satisfied with what I have. I am using D76 also
for this. Only complaint is that I have highlight washouts. I tried Diafine
that solved my washout problem but contrast was far away than I have expect to
have. In this case I wish to try Rodinal. Comments at internet says use Rollei
D74. I am not able to buy D74 and cannot Access the formula to brew. Any idea
what it looks like?

So friend I am eager to listen to your comments. I will be using Tmax 100&400,
Rollei Infrared400 and Rollei400 and Ilford FP4.

Best Regards,

Ibrahim Pamuk

Bu elektronik posta, gonderildigi belirtilen kisi/kisilere ozel ve gizlidir.
Eger yetkili alici degilseniz bu elektronik postanin icerigini degistirmeniz,
aciklamaniz, kopyalamaniz, yonlendirmeniz ve kullanmaniz yasaktir. ZORLU, bu
elektronik postanin ve icerigindeki bilgilerin dogrulugundan, guncelliginden
ve/ veya bu elektronik postanin bilgisayar sisteminize verebilecegi zararlardan
sorumlu tutulamaz.